About Studio Vibe Dance and Performance
One day after a long trip I took for Corporate American and after fifteen years of trips just like that, I looked at my husband Julian and I said, “I don’t ever want to do that again!” He said, “Well, what should we do?” I started talking with some of my friends and I realized what I wanted more than anything was to be with my girls. As a cancer survivor and an adoptive parent I wanted to be there for every moment and nothing is more important to me than my family. My girls are dancers and even when I was home I was dropping them off at dance and missing out on time spent with them.
I had a thought…… What if I open a studio? My next thought was that is a crazy idea you are not a dancer! Then all sorts of other crazy things happend and as I talked to different people I realized there where needs out there that needed to be met.
- Dance team girls needed a place to train.
- Physiology and injury prevention needed to be addressed
- The Environment needed to change to foster progress and unity
- Dance needed to be available to all kids at all socioeconomic levels
I began to have discusions with Dr. Jenny Schulz about physiology and how to accomplish these goals. We developed our ideas of levels not lines and decided we could accommodate so many more students with this type of system. Next I spoke with Ben Olson. He was so excited about our plan he wanted to jump on board and take on the role of Creative Director and coordinate the program. Lastly, my friend Sara Nivala looked me straight in the eye and said, “You can do this and it will be amazing!”
Studio Vibe exists to meet the needs of each student. To foster growth in dance and also in life. As a dance parent myself I know what your expectations are and if you choose to dance at Studio Vibe you won’t be disappointed. We are here to serve you to the best of our ability by following our driving principles.
- Team is family
- Esteemed Leaders = Esteemed Future Leaders
- Challenge each dancer to achieve more than they think they can
- Safety is always the first priority. Correct technique = Injury Free Dance
- Positive Environment ALWAYS
- Customer Service is not an option it is the only way we operate.
- Instructors are educated and active in the dance community